Worldwide famous as the home of Odysseus, Ithaca symbolizes the return to heaven, the discovery and the fulfillment. As soon as we disembark from the ferry at the port of Pisaetos we will move to the village of Kioni. The picturesque harbor with flower decked houses, is one of the island’s prettiest ports. We continue to the monastery of Kathara, which is built high up on the peak of mount Niritos and has a breathtaking view of Vathy, the whole southern Ithaka and Kefalonia.
Time for a swim at Filiatro beach. The warm, shallow crystalline waters and the white shiny pebbles are ideal mostly for the children. Next we will explore the capital of Vathy, with its horseshoe-shaped harbor. Delightful red roofed houses are set among enchanting scenery and the center is a photo opportunity of twisting streets, picturesque cafes and little shops.
Why to choose a private tour?
– Discover the island on your own pace, choose your own itinerary or the guide customizes the tour based on your interests
– If you’re curious about history and interested in the stories of real people of the place you’re visiting, a local guide can make all the difference.
– The guide picks you up from your hotel in a private car at the time you choose. You never waste time riding to other hotels to pick up other travelers or wait for them to board the bus.
- After swim , dry clothes are necessary to return to the vehicle .
- Luxury car
- English speaking driver
- We offer free pick up for hotels located in Argostoli & Lassi. There is extra charge for hotel pick up from different areas.
- Personal expenses (Coffee, snacks, drinks, lunch)