Unique and strange phenomena are an intriguing part of the island’s mystique.
The capital of Kefalonia Argostoli stands on the far end of the natural bay surrounded by mountains and verdant forests. Follow the coastal road to Lighthouse of Saint Theodore (Fanari) a romantic spot to take photos , next stop at Katavothres Water Wheels to find out about a rare geological phenomenon of Kefalonia. Stroll at De Bosset bridge , the largest stone bridge built in 1813, to admire it’s architecture, the surrounding area and the stone column (obelisk) which was built by the British to commemorate their stay. At the suburbs of Argostoli, stands St. George’s Castle .
There we will have the opportunity to take some of the best views of the island and of neighbouring island Zante. The castle is a Venetian fortress dating back to the 16th century, located in the traditional village of Kastro. Our trip continues to Divino Winery which was established in 1986 in the village of Pessada. The 12 wine and 3 exceptional vinegar varieties produced, cater to all preferences and will satisfy every palate. Last stop at the spectacular gold sand beach called Makris Gialos.
This is the most famous organized beach of Kefalonia suitable for those who want entertainment at beach bars, specially designed area for beach tennis, as well as facilities and equipment for water sports.
Why to choose a private tour?
– Discover the island on your own pace, choose your own itinerary or the guide customizes the tour based on your interests
– If you’re curious about history and interested in the stories of real people of the place you’re visiting, a local guide can make all the difference.
– The guide picks you up from your hotel in a private car at the time you choose. You never waste time riding to other hotels to pick up other travelers or wait for them to board the bus.
- Ports we serve : Argostoli & Sami.
- After swim , dry clothes are necessary to enter the vehicle
- Cruise ship pick up – drop off ( Argostoli port & Sami Port)
- Luxury car
- English speaking driver
- Personal expenses (Coffee, snacks, drinks, lunch)