Discover all the wonder and amazement of Kefalonia Island, a well-preserved, unspoiled paradise on this day trip . First stop at the Robola Winery Cooperative which currently comprises of 300 members/local farmers who export the famous Robola wine worldwide. Next stop at Drogarati cave to observe the amazing stalactites and stalagmites that give this place the feel of cathedral. The cave is more than 150 million years old and is well known for its spectacular acoustics. Next we will explore the cave of the nymphs the famous Melisani Lake. Enjoy a relaxing boat ride on the turquoise waters as the sun shines into the cave.
Discover the famous Antisamos Beach starring at the Hollywood movie “Captain Corelli’s Mandolin”. Here we will stay for about one hour to swim at the turquoise waters with the marvelous surroundings of green hills. A short stop over Myrtos beach to take photos will be a highlight. Next stop Assos village, which gives the impression of being an island of its own. Pretty coloured houses nestling into the craggy hillside, dot the scenery with colours beyond the dominating blue and green.
Last but not least, we will visit the cosmopolitan village of Fiscardo, untouched after the great earthquake of 1953, retains the architecture and ambience of a time when the Venetians ruled Kefalonia. Here we will have the chance to taste the traditional Kefalonia cuisine in one of the oldest dining venue of the village.
Why to choose a private tour?
– Discover the island on your own pace, choose your own itinerary or the guide customizes the tour based on your interests
– If you’re curious about history and interested in the stories of real people of the place you’re visiting, a local guide can make all the difference.
– The guide picks you up from your hotel in a private car at the time you choose. You never waste time riding to other hotels to pick up other travelers or wait for them to board the bus.
- Guests should be able to step in and out of a boat and walk unassisted in the caves.
- Luxury car
- English speaking driver
- Wine tasting
- We offer free pick up for hotels located in Argostoli & Lassi. There is extra charge for hotel pick up from different areas.
- Entrance fee to Melissani Lake
- Entrance fee to Drogarati Cave
- Personal expenses (Coffee, snacks, drinks, lunch)