Moving through the mount of Ainos we will explore the most representative attractions of Kefalonia island. First stop at the Monastery of Saint Gerasimos, the patron saint of Kefalonia. Sacred place for every citizen of Kefalonia, many name Gerasimos their children as a tribute to the Saint. Next to the monastery there is the Robola Winery Cooperative which currently comprises of 300 members/local farmers who export the famous Robola wine worldwide.
Travel to Drogarati cave and observe the amazing stalactites and stalagmites that give this place the feel of cathedral. The cave is more than 150 million years old and is well known for its spectacular acoustics. Next we will explore the cave of the nymphs the famous Melissani Lake. Enjoy a relaxing boat ride on the turquoise waters as the sun shines into the cave. We will head to the tranquil & colorful village of Agia Effimia and we will have free time to stroll. A stop over the dazzling Myrtos beach to take photos will be the highlight to end our tour.
Why to choose a private tour?
– Discover the island on your own pace, choose your own itinerary or the guide customizes the tour based on your interests
– If you’re curious about history and interested in the stories of real people of the place you’re visiting, a local guide can make all the difference.
– Avoid the hassle of driving a rental and travel around the island with your own private driver instead.
– The guide picks you up from your hotel in a private car at the time you choose. You never waste time riding to other hotels to pick up other travelers or wait for them to board the bus.
- Guests should be able to step in and out of a boat and walk unassisted in the caves.
- Those wishing to enter the monastery must dress conservatively, shorts are not permitted. Flash photography prohibited.
- Luxury car
- English speaking driver
- Wine tasting
- We offer free pick up for hotels located in Argostoli & Lassi. There is extra charge for hotel pick up from different areas.
- Entrance fee to Melissani Lake
- Entrance fee to Drogarati Cave
- Personal expenses (Coffee, snacks, drinks, lunch)